Food and Drink Trade Mission – Mumbai and Delhi
UK India Business Council invites UK food and drink companies to participate in a Food & Drink Trade Mission to India to attend the India Food Forum, 2019 in Mumbai.
This is an excellent opportunity to meet with key importers, distributors, and retailers with a chance to showcase your products to a vast range of businesses.
The Indian food and drink industry, currently valued at GBP 193 billion, is poised for strong growth with a projected CAGR of 19% between 2017 and 2020. The strong domestic demand can be attributed to favourable demographics, a growing disposable income, urbanisation, organisation of the retail industry, changing consumer tastes and preferences, and an increasing spend on value-added products.
This Mission to India is designed to support the expansion of British products into the Indian market in sectors including alcoholic beverages, meat products, dairy products, packed food and beverages, and health & nutrition products.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Please get in touch with UKIBC’s Food and Drink specialist, Mita Chopra, at email@example.com for more information and an application form by the 7th December.
There will be a nominal fee of GBP 600.00 to take part in the mission to cover logistics and programme arrangements. Participants will need to organise and cover the cost of their travel, transfers, accommodation, and insurance throughout the Mission.
MONDAY, 4 FEBRUARY
- Arrive in Mumbai
- Handing over of Delegate Pack
- Briefing session followed by dinner
TUESDAY, 5 FEBRUARY
- Welcome & Introduction
- Briefing session by Mr Richard MaCallum (Managing Director, UKIBC), Mr Guy Bromley (First Secretary and Head of Trade and Investment, DIT), and Representatives from the Forum of Indian Importers.
- Visit to the India Food Forum
- B2B meetings
- Networking Reception at Renaissance Hotel, Mumbai
WEDNESDAY, 6 FEBRUARY
- Attend seminars and meetings at India Food Forum
- Chef meet at the Renaissance Hotel
- Attend awards ceremony
- Visit to a micro-brewery
THURSDAY, 7 FEBRUARY
- Visit to Nature’s Basket, Mumbai
- Arrive in Delhi
- Visit to Food Hall, Delhi
FRIDAY, 8 FEBRUARY
- Meeting with YES Bank
- Meeting with FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India)
- Meeting with MoFPI (Ministry of Food Processing Industries)
- Attend evening reception