Seven global trends for Indian companies operating abroad
Last October, India jumped 30 places breaking into the top 100 on the World Bank’s coveted Ease of Doing Business Index.
But while India continues to focus on making it easier for businesses both domestic and international to operate, what are the big issues that Indian companies operating in international markets are facing?
Chris Parsons, Chairman of Herbert Smith Freehills’ leading India practice advising both Indian groups and global businesses, identifies seven current global issues and challenges faced by Indian businesses and their in-house counsel teams.
1. Data Protection – the new “oil”
2. Cyber Security – a disruptive force utilised for civil rights and terrorism
3. Business & Human Rights – “modern slavery” regarding production and supply chains
4. Climate Change – Paris Agreement
5. Class Action Tourism – humanitarian rights, sustainability and carbon impact
6. Antibribery and Corruption – US and UK procedures
7. Crisis Management – mitigating and managing risk