Asset Management: Alpesh is founding Principal of Praefinium Partners Ltd, which runs a Luxembourg domiciled India Fund investing in the equity markets with a geared upside and downside protection.
Stock market: His stock picking abilities have seen him win competitions in the Financial Times (which have published over 200 of his business and investment columns since 1999 and in which he had a weekly column for 5 years). Alpesh also presented a weekly show on Bloomberg TV for three years and on Sky TV and currently regularly co-hosts on CNBC. Alpesh has written 12 books on investing and several cover India in particular.
- Chairman, UK India Business Angel Network, launched by the Prime Minister in India 2008.
- Former Member, Investment Advisory Committee, ICICI Bank’s Private Bank Division (Advising on global economy and best structured products for global high net worth market, evaluating best of breed global funds. )
- Board of Advisors, Epiphany Ventures, an LM Mittal backed fund looking for innovative Indian technology companies.
- Former Member UK-India Roundtable (Appointment by UK Prime Minister to promote closer bilateral ties. Making policy recommendations to the UK Foreign Office and Prime Ministers Office and the Indian PM’s Office) 2000-5
- Non-exec Chairman, Aranca, (Financial Research, offices in Mumbai, Philippines, London and US) (2003-)
- Trustee, Chatham House, Royal Institute of International Affairs
- UKTI India Dealmaker: Alpesh’s role as Dealmaker (appointed May 2005) for India is to look for early stage outstanding technology companies from India and do the deals to get them to establish their HQ in the UK.
He was a Visiting Fellow in Business and Industry at Corpus Christi College, Oxford University and read Philosophy Politics Economics at St Anne’s College, Oxford University. Alpesh is a founding Board Member TiE UK (part of an international grouping of entrepreneurs whose aim is to mentor other entrepreneurs). A former Congressional Intern, Alpesh is a Barrister.