POSITION: Junior Events Manager
REPORTING TO: Senior Events and Communications Manager
HOURS: Full Time (including some out of office event hours)
The UK India Business Council are looking to recruit a Junior Event Managers, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience, to join our team in UKIBC’s London office.
The purpose of this role is to support the events team in the delivery and running of UKIBC events to a high standard throughout the year. The role will involve management of your own events and general assistance to the events team in the preparation and running of all UK-based events as well as supporting our India-based events, and relevant administrative duties. You will also work with the wider team to support on the delivery of the UKIBC communications and marketing strategy via our events.
- Supporting all UKIBC events from concept to execution
- Working with the Senior Event Manager, the membership team and business services team to deliver UKIBC annual targets
- Managing events across the UK and India (including but not limited to seminars, roundtables, dinners, and webinars) from concept to completion – including sending invitations, managing registrations, event promotion, securing venues, speaker and delegate management, gathering event collateral, on-site event management, and post-event reporting
- Creating invitation lists using Salesforce and getting input from account managers across the company
- Maintaining relationships with speakers, partner organisations, government officials, and trade bodies
- Provide hospitality support and logistics for in-house meetings and events
- Conduct regular stock-checks of event and hospitality stock
- Supporting the organisation on project-related events activity
- Managing and maintaining multiple inboxes, and responding to delegate enquiries
- Oversee and manage event and marketing software and subscriptions
- Supporting content refresh on UKIBC website, and project microsites
- Implementing and managing social media campaigns with the Policy and Communications Officer as per company strategy
- Analysis of website performance using Google Analytics, and social media using appropriate analytics per account
- Produce in-house monthly reporting on overall marketing and communications activities
Ability to work on own initiative, self-directed and highly motivated. You pay close attention to detail, are well organised, with excellent time management skills, and are accustomed to working to tight deadlines. You build relationships effectively and quickly, are supportive, enthusiastic, adaptable, proactive, and eager to learn. You will be comfortable managing multiple priorities, evidencing excellent project management skills. You thrive on meeting and excelling personal and company targets.
- Previous events and logistics experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, excellent time management skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems under pressure.
- Good IT skills (particularly in Microsoft Office – intermediate level).
- Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously and to tight deadlines.
- Flexible approach and attitude.
- Enthusiastic, a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Customer-facing with good customer service skills.
- Previous administration/office experience.
- Willingness to work unsociable hours when required and travel within the UK and to India if required.
- Previous experience of working in a small, dynamic team.
- Database management experience.
- Previous interest/knowledge of India and its economy.
- Previous knowledge of using the following applications: Salesforce, WordPress, Pardot, Survey Monkey
Download the job specification here
To apply please send a two page CV and a one page covering letter to email@example.com by 8 February 2019. Please note, you must eligible to work in the UK and proof will be required before any appointment is made.