UKIBC are looking to recruit a Marketing Manager to join our team in London.
POSITION: Marketing Manager
LOCATION: London (Millbank Tower)
CONTRACT: Full-Time, Permanent (subject to probationary period. Flexible working hours can be negotiated for caring responsibilities, flexibility for out of office or 9-5 events expected)
SALARY: GBP 26,000 – GBP 28,000
REPORTING TO: Associate Director
This is an opportunity for a creative and outwardly engaging person, with attention to detail, to work in a truly international organisation. Responsible for designing and delivering external and internal communications as well as managing some events, we welcome to the position fresh ideas of how to develop and implement a wider organisational marketing plan from the ground up.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
• Work with relevant directors to create and implement a marketing plan for the next 12 months
• Ensure effective external communications with members and key stakeholders
• Design and implement social media and marketing campaigns for the UKIBC via Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
• Support UKIBC’s ambition to create a modern simple website
• Find new and effective ways to package and communicate UKIBC’s reports and content
• Introduce and experiment with new marketing tools and platforms
• Support all UKIBC events across the UK and India from concept to execution
• Manage your own events across the UK
• Build and maintain relationships with renowned speakers, partner organisations, Government officials, and trade bodies
• Hone your skills on our CRM system Salesforce
• Work with a flexible and engaging team excited to hear and try new ideas
Understandably, we think this is a pretty unique opportunity. So, what type of person are we looking for?
Being confident in using your own initiative is a must. As a small organisation our staff our empowered to make decisions and real change within our organisation. That’s why we’re looking for someone who is self-directed and highly motivated. The backend of the role of course requires attention to detail. If you’re well-organised, with excellent time management skills, and accustomed to working to deadlines then we want to hear from you! A big part of the role is building relationships quickly and effectively, so our members, clients and stakeholders feel valued, informed and engaged. That’s why we’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic, adaptable, and proactive.
Don’t worry if you’re not sure all these attributes apply to you – we understand that this role is as much about your self-development into a marketing pro as it is about fulfilling the full-spec.
So, what do we want you to show us in your CV, covering letter and (hopefully) the interview?
• Previous organisational marketing experience.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems under pressure.
• Good IT skills (particularly in Microsoft Office).
• Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously and to tight deadlines.
• Flexible approach and attitude.
• Creative and innovative approaches to effective marketing.
• Enthusiastic, and a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to work some unsociable hours when required, and travel within the UK and to India if required.
GREAT FURTHER EXPERIENCE:
• Previous experience of working in a small, dynamic team.
• Database management experience.
• Previous interest/knowledge of India and its economy.
• Previous knowledge of using the following applications: Salesforce, WordPress, Survey Monkey
• Blog and content drafting experience
HOW TO APPLY
Excited? Great! We’re looking forward to hearing from you. To apply please send:
1. A CV (no more than two pages)
2. A covering letter (no more than one page)
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 21st November 2019.
Please note you must be based, and eligible to work, in the UK and proof will be required before any appointment is made.