Patricia Hewitt receives Life-time Achievement Award at India Inc’s “UK-India Awards 2017” in London
The awards ceremony was hosted in recognition of the many contributors to the UK-India story over the last few years
Our Chair, Patricia Hewitt, was awarded a “Lifetime Achievement Award” in recognition of her support to UK India relations throughout her career and her contribution as Chair of the UK India Business Council for the past 8 years.
The “UK-India Awards”, organised by India Inc., recognised the contributions of 100 key individuals in politics & public life, in business & professional sectors and in arts and culture to improving relations between India and the UK.
We are delighted that the contribution of UK India Business Council was widely recognised in the list of the 100 most influential people in UK India relations – including our CEO, Richard Heald, who was named in the list, along with several of our Members, Board and Advisory Council, including;
- Lord Karan Bilimoria, Founding Chair,
- Philip Bouverat, JCB, Board Member,
- Sanjiv Chadha, State Bank of India,
- Anuj Chande, Grant Thornton,
- Vittorio Colao, Vodafone, Advisory Council Member,
- Professor Sir Mike Gregory, Institute of Manufacturing, Cambridge University, Advisory Council Member.
- Sir Gerry Grimstone, Standard Life, Advisory Council Member
- Rakesh Kapoor, Reckitt Benckiser plc,
- David Landsman, Tata Limited, Board Member,
- Ivan Menezes, Diageo, Advisory Council Member
- Shankar Narayanan, TCS, ,
- Chris Parsons, Herbert Smith Freeholds, Board Member & UKIBC India Chair
- Alpesh Patel, Praefinium,
- Stuart Paver, Pavers, Advisory Council Member
- Nikhil Rathi, London Stock Exchange Group, ,
- Sir Martin Sorrell, WPP, Advisory Council Member
- Benjamin Storey, Roll-Royce,
- Sanjay Thakkar, KPMG, Board Member
- Nandita Sahgal-Tully, IL&FS Global Financial Services, Board Member,
- Kevin Wall, Barclays Bank, Advisory Council Member,
- David Whittleton, Arup Group, Advisory Council member,
The UK India Business Council, as the leading business-led UK-India trade Council, prides itself on its networks with key opinion formers in the India UK corridor. We were therefore pleased to receive this significant recognition of the work the Council does, but also of the significant part our members, board, and Advisory Council play in ensuring that the UK-India relationship develops further still as we move into a crucial period for both countries.
The full list is available through http://www.indiaglobalbusiness.indiaincorporated.com/category/year/20172016/special-edition-may-2017/